- Academic/Special Library environment
- Full time Contract to end of year with possible extension
- Eastern Suburbs
This project requires forward thinking Librarians with collection development experienced to evaluate the Library’s print collection
Our Client, a well known academic institution the Eastern Suburbs is undergoing a significant collection rationalization project. They require 2 librarians with collection development experience to participate in this project.
The contract will commence as soon as possible and go to the end of the year with a high probability of extensions.
The Project Officers will evaluate the Library’s print collections and make decisions/recommendations to retain on open access, store on-site, store off-site, replace with electronic formats (where possible) or withdraw from the collection.
There will be a requirement to liaise with discipline experts to support decision making and with Library staff to coordinate actioning of collection decisions.
The successful applicants must:
- Experience in collection management/evaluation in an academic or special library environment
- Thorough knowledge of the scholarly publishing environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines by directing effort to the most appropriate activities as agreed with the project team.
Please forward your Cover Letter & Resume in Word format only, addressing the above selection criteria with examples of relevant experience.